View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #70 (permalink)
Powerwiz
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Nissan 370Z MT
Powerwiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schellingr View Post
Sorry for my big stupid ignorance. But how the heck do I do this? Read the whole 5 pages and I'm so confused.

So get to the box
Find the red and baige wires
Cut each in half? Then what?

Sorry need a step by step picture guide. Anybody want to help a wiring noob? I wish there would be a video or a step by step detailed guide.
This is very simple to do...like 30 mins of your life perhaps a hour if you never have.

Essentially your cutting the two wires involved with DRL in IPDM box which is essentially a wiring junction box. Nissan for whatever reason created a complicated circuit that determines when your DRL are on or off. Kinda of puzzling since usually a engineer takes the easiest path for design.

You first step should be disconnecting the battery.

Find the two wires that provide power and ground to the DRL..the guides on this site point them out. When you cut them you will have 2 loose wires and the two stubs that are plugged in. For myself I just electrical taped wrapped the ends that are still plugged in.

You you need to remove some of the wire's insulation. You can do this with a tool designed for that or use like a razor blade. Twist the wires together then insert them into a spade connector.

Your DRL require 12 volts and there happens to be a 12 volt port with nothing in it. You take your spade connector and put into that slot. Thats it. Its simple.

Probably the hardest part is finding that spade connector that will stay in that slot. The one I had was slightly to wide so I trimmed it down some and inserted it.

Easy peasy.