View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loges View Post
I have to keep my Z relatively quiet . Neighbors, up tight co-workers, etc. The 18" resonated FI system would be a little too loud. I need the exhaust be as stock sounding as possible at idle and regular daily driving (a little lower rumble is fine, just nothing crazy) but I also want it to sound great at WOT when I'm not around the neighbors, up tight co-workers, etc.

That's why I'm looking to find a midpipe with larger than OEM piping diameter and resonators to work with the AAM axle back (not short tails), or just stick with my original plan and go with the Tanabe Medalion exhaust. Let me know if you can think of a different route that meets that criteria though. And before you say anything, I know; I'm asking for the moon here haha.
if you go with any FI setup with mufflers will be fine. drop the AAM short tails if you actually care what your neighbors say. that's where the volume is coming from. my exhaust is night and day with the mufflers off vs on and those are my only bit of sound silencing. i have TPs and no resonators.

me i don't care really. hence my FI straight pipe. but i did have it made to swap in and out the carbon fiber mufflers whenever i want.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote