View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChuck View Post
When cold, right out of the garage, sometimes only, I hear and feel a thump when stopping, almost stopped, downshifting into 1st. Anyone have any knowledge on this? 2014.... 15500miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
I would avoid downshifting into 1st gear.. I also have a 7at and never downshift into 1st. Lowest I'll go is 2nd.
soooooo recently mine has developed the "thump" from 3 to 2.

i drive 99.9% in manual mode. i shift every gear except 2 to 1.....never downshift into 1st. let the car do that on its own.

however sometimes i will also let it downshift from 3 to 2 on its own at low speeds coming to a stop.

now from 3 to 2 if the car does the shift it thumps. BUT when i do the 3 to 2 shift manually on the shifter or paddles there is no thump.

i also got scared that i blew something so i did a tranny flush and it made no difference in the thump EXCEPT the thump only happens when the car is warm and operating temp. cold temp beginning of the drive the 3-2 auto downshift feels normal.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote