View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
DeliriousClam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 Base Sport
DeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond reputeDeliriousClam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbase View Post
Yeah I read the thread on Bose systems but couldnt understand it. I guess I could just direct the installers to that thread and let them study it. Is an LOC a common thing to include when upgrading stock systems? Or is this just some hack to make our systems work? Is it possible to avoid the bose amp entirely and just have all the speakers connect to your own new amp that also powers a sub? Would that be the better solution instead of trying to piggy back off existing hardware?
LOC is a common thing when installing an aftermarket headunit into a system that has a factory amplifier. The other options are buy the wiring harness which has RCA's on the ends (don't remember the metra model # off hand) or bypass the factory amp which can be a bitch. I've never done it on a Z before so I couldn't tell you how hard it is.
DeliriousClam is offline   Reply With Quote