View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
littlejuanito
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Touring Sport
littlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
Installed my diffuser yesterday. Used the VHB tape as recommended. After installation using the supplied hardware, I wasn't fully satisfied with the flushness of the fit along the top edge near each end. Decided to raise the car and drop the muffler to allow access to where the diffuser curves to accommodate the exhaust tips. While underneath the car (and with my significant other pushing the diffuser inward along the curved portion as hard as she could), I drilled a 3/16" hole through the apex of the curved portion of the diffuser and through the overlying piece of the plastic bumper (see pic), slipped in a 10-24 1" stainless-steel stove bolt, installed a washer and nut and tightened it down. Repeated the process on the other side. Re-installed the muffler and dropped the car back down. Took about an hour of time. The diffuser is now flush and as tight as a drum. It won't be coming off any time soon! The stove bolt is not visible from the rear (unless you're on your hands and knees LOL). Caution: If you plan to do this, make sure the car is fully supported before getting underneath it.
Where did you order the Diffuser from? I bought mine off Japanparts almost a month ago an I'm yet to receive any shipping info. Does it usually take this long buying the Fujimura from this site?
littlejuanito is offline   Reply With Quote