View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #153 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveStyle View Post
This is on a stock exhaust/cats too? Do you know what pressure you're at?
Test pipes (we added) and Invidia exhaust (one of a few mods that came on the car). Not sure what the boost is. Embarrassingly, we never had time to install the boost gauge! This build came down to the wire. If I hadn't wrecked and the instructions were really good, we would have made the original time line no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Torque?
412.8 ft-lb's

538whp run:

520whp run:

Notes from today:
We got the fuel pump installed today and got the exhaust on too. I had some cheap test pipes and either they didn't quite fit, or the Gamma o2 housings didn't quite fit, or the engine mount spacers from the kit moved things too much - but we had a difficult time getting the exhaust on and it's not the most professional looking installation - but it works and no leaks.

Tried to start the car up.. it starts.. it revs for about a second, then dies. Everything looked tight so we figured we'd just tow it to JTRAN since they could diagnose a lot faster than us. Turned out to be a good move as it was an error in the base tune for the MAF tube size - Johnny had it up and running in about 5 minutes in the parking lot. We did spring a coolant leak, but it was just a loose hose clamp on the heater hose into the firewall (not my handiwork, I blame my BIL.. he signed up for an account on here so ridicule him mercilessly). Other than that the install was tight and Johnny complemented us on the work. With the engine cover on and strut brace in place it just looks factory.

Johnny is awesome. Really likable guy and we had a great time hanging out. He finished the tune in a matter of hours, then he and a tech (forgot his name now) helped us put the bumper, fender liners, covers, strut brace back in... I am not big on stickers, but I asked them to send me one to put on when they get more in stock.

Initial Impressions
Holy Crap! This thing hauls ***. Throttle response is like a hair trigger. Boost comes on fast and smooth. The power never seems to stop. The delivery is so smooth and linear it just feels factory. It's BY FAR the most powerful vehicle I have ever driven, and yet it feels totally manageable and predictable. That being said, the go-pedal can be an on-off button for traction depending on what gear you are in and I didn't get much chance to drive it since it was late and raining... Hopefully tomorrow morning will be dry. I am also still on the stock clutch (Johnny mentioned the slight dip in the torque curve was the clutch slipping a little - though he said I could limp on it for a good while) so I am taking it easy and trying to learn how to drive the thing. Groove - you are going to love this thing.

Overall, I am really happy with this project and proud we were able to get through it. It's nice being able to say I was the first DIY installation of a particular kit and I hope to be able to help other folks on here who end up going the same route. I know the installation forwards and backwards and all the places I am going to need to inspect regularly. That being said, I couldn't have completed this without immense help from my BIL, his sweet garage/tool obsession, and the support we got from Jason Rubio with Gamma. I'll do all I can to help them refine the instructions, and I am hoping in return they can hook me up with some deals on more parts in the future.

More to come in the coming weeks. I have a zillion pics (and videos from today) to sort through. This thread is not dead! There is a lot more to come.

BOOOOOOST!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 370zTT-520whp.jpg (56.1 KB, 1455 views)
File Type: jpg 370zTT-538whp.jpg (56.5 KB, 1254 views)
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote