View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #132 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently everything is closed, or we would have pushed tonight to start the car.

Johnny came by and loaded the base tune, seems like a really great guy and super knowledgeable. I am really happy he is going to be doing the tuning. I was also surprised to learn that, with Ecutek, the stock fuel computer even works properly. This is going to be like a factory turbocharged car in terms of functionality (and hopefully, but not necessary expectantly, reliability). He did tell me we should get to about 480whp pretty easily with the 600cc injectors and, for a street car, that is all I am really looking for right now. It will be BY FAR the fastest and most powerful car I have ever driven seeing as how my stock Z was already the fastest and most powerful car I had driven (though only marginally over my 350z and my RX-7).

Unfortunately, two things derailed starting the car tonight:

1) During the fuel pump install I got pretty sick off the gas fumes and had to call it for several hours.

2) We don't have enough hardware to put the exhaust back together.. it never occurred to us that 3 the 5 flange mounting points on each stock cat were based on studs in the cat itself... I got test pipes, but don't have enough hardware to install them and all the hardware stores were closed =( Also, WTF autozone does not have bolts/nuts.
Do we need any kind of special heat resistant hardware for the o2 housing-to-test pipe junction?

So anyhow, o2 housings/sensors are in (CROWS FEET ARE THE BOMB), oil filled, wheels are on, fuel pump is installed in the housing and spliced in, ready for reinstallation to the tank. Tomorrow we'll install it and get hardware for the exhaust (and crash bar), pray, and push the start button. If she fires up and drives safely around the block, we'll put on the bumper and undertray and drive to JTRAN. HOPING to be there late morning, like 11am'ish. I will update this thread when we are headed there for anyone who would like to meet us there!

Groove - the fuel pump installation has changed. The instructions show a billet bracket to hold the new pump in place, but that has been deleted. I freaked today thinking Gamma forgot to include it in the kit, but Jason informed me that it has been replaced by that big rubber sock. Cleanly shave all the retaining plastic out of the housing, put the sock on the pump, lube it up a little (we used some motor oil) and stuff the thing in the housing. It fits snug. Orient the pump the same as if the bracket existed.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 01-01-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote