View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 01:42 AM   #126 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year!

Could have finished today, but we didn't.. Haven't been able to get hold of JTRAN to find out when we can base tune, so we didn't feel rushed. I figure they are probably trying to get some semblance of a New Years Eve without people like me pestering them.

We ran the BOV lines, changed the fuel filter, installed the massive oil pan, plumbed the turbo oil drains, tried to installed the crash bar (Gamma forgot to send us the hardware), and reinstalled the steering coupler. It was at this point where we noticed the steering coupler barely touched the drivers side oil drain and the water crossover, so we decided to rerun some of the lines which involved changing the positioning of some of the intercooler clamps, etc. Once we got that sorted, we started installing the o2 sensor housings and we are kind of stumped on how to get torque on some of the nuts. We think we can get to it with a crows foot... Neither my BIL or I have ever used one so we didn't think of it... a picture Groove sent us while we were texting back and forth turned us on to the idea. Thanks Groove!

Speaking of Groove, that mofo is flying through his build and making us look bad. If you call me tomorrow talking about starting your car for the first time I will fly to your house and leave a flaming bag of dog poo on your doorstep =)

Anyhow, the only things left before base tune are running the rest of the exhaust (test pipes and y-pipe) and the fuel pump, which we still didn't start since the car is on the lift. Tomorrow we'll put the wheels on in the morning and pick up some crows feet.. my BIL will finish up the exhaust and I'll do the fuel pump and hopefully we'll hear from JTRAN!
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 01-01-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote