View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 09:22 PM   #602 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
m4 could you compare your 370 to the new camaro in all areas?
Sure. Posting from my phone so I'll try to hit on some key points:

Power: No contest. Camaro wins by a mile.

Handling: No contest here in terms of capability. The Camaro feels more sophisticated and composed. Much better body control and more grip. It feels heavier than the Z, though.

Brakes: can't really comment here but the Camaro's brakes felt good to me.

Steering: Camaro's EPAS actually feels better than the Z's hydraulic rack. No dead spot in the steering, good weighting. The wheel is a lot smaller too, which is nice. Turn in is very sharp. The car feels nimble despite its weight.

Interior: I prefer the Camaro. Granted it is newer than the Z which debuted in 2009. It wins on features, technology, and quality.

The Z does have better forward and rear visibility than the Camaro, though. More headroom, too!

Looks: Obviously subjective.

Overall: Depends on what you are looking for, but in every measurable category the Camaro will be the clear winner. There is no contest at all on power, handling, features, comfort, etc. The Camaro is a much more sophisticated car, especially when you are looking at one with Mag Ride. It literally gives you 2 or 3 cars in one (tour, sport, and track.) The only downside to the Camaro in this comparison, IMO, is the size. The Z feels smaller and easier to place on the road. Based on my experience owning a 2011 mustang, you do get used to the size, so it's probably not a huge deal.

So, that's my take. If I was in the market for a sports car right now and had to choose the Z or the Camaro SS, I'd take the Camaro every time.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote