View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #50 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
I'll just put this out there - a major platform/chassis revision for the Z could be looming to make the following work for its lineup -

The 300hp version would be the base configuration. The Nismo would get the 400hp.

300hp on a platform that cuts a bit of weight from the 370 could make for a base model that performs right along with the current Nismo (the TORQUE EVERYWHERE is my reasoning). The Nismo version with an additional 100hp would be enough to command the pricing premium - I think most everyone bitched about the Nismo only being another 18hp.

For another 10k with all a proper set of forged wheels, giant brakes that don't overheat, a helical limited slip differential, trick rev-matching transmission, and another 100hp on a boosted platform? Where do I sign?
I really hope they don't do that. I agree the small HP bump was for the extra money they charged for the nismo. however I really would hate to pay the money for the car but it have a god awful body kit like the 09-14 nismo. the 2015 I love the front the rest is ok.

go back to the option setup of the first few years. the new option setups Nissan has in place really makes me think they go grab handicapped monkeys and have them pick how it all goes together.

although if it's still all fuckin whacky for the next model I really hope the nismo tech 7at is an option because I will go with that rather than not being able to have a nice interior and all the performance goodies too.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote