View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
So instead of driving my Z with Blizzaks, I'm supposed to risk my life in a $1200 piece of crap car with bald tires that someone put 100,000 miles on? I don't see how that's a better alternativ

Parking spaces are also a premium in big cities. Having an extra car then costs you another pretty penny to either put the Z in storage or buy another space.
Quote:
Can you rightfully say that a Z will drive well in snow?

I can't. I think driving the Z in winter would be akin to riding a snowmobile on water in summer instead of a jetski...or "muddin with a Z"
soo a pos rustbucket with the engine blowing smoke, sagging suspension, leaking dampers, bald worn out tires, brake pads worn all the way to the rivets, floorpan falling off, windshield cracked, headlights weak, wipers unoperational is actually safer than a brand new state of the art sports car with snow tires, advanced suspension, high lateral grip, low ride height, excellent steering feel and communication of the road condition to the driver, along with abs, traction control, and vdc?
Quote:
paid $1500 for a 2001 Audi A4 Quattro with 6 airbags with 140,000 miles with Blizzaks. The term "piece of crap car" is relative in this case.
say what? u sure it wasnt salvaged? over here an a4 2001 costs at least 6-10000 depending on condition and mileage. 1500 would get you exactly what i mentioned above: a pos rustbucket with the engine blowing smoke, sagging suspension, leaking dampers, bald worn out tires, brake pads worn all the way to the rivets, floorpan falling off, windshield cracked, headlights weak, wipers unoperational
Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote