View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #45 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveStyle View Post
Hey bullitt, or anyone running the hammerhead GTM oil pan and a TT kit.... should we still go with something like the 34 row Setrab cooler if we ever want to take it to the track? Or will a 25 row or something medium-sized be sufficient due to the increased oil capacity of the pan?

I'd like to be able to take my car to a road course, but don't want to be fighting over-cooling all the time on the street. I will have a thermostatic sandwich plate, but still thought I'd ask, not sure how much more heat we'll be dealing with for these snails...
Definitely go with the 34 row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Tony at FI says they have heat issues with anything under a 34 row. I'm running a 25 row with my BP kit and I never deal with heat issues but the G has more grill area.
My car is still running the 25 row. I don't necessarily have "heat issues" but it will get hot on super warm days (95 degrees or above) For the average street driver I think a 25 row does the job however if you want to track it you definitely need to upgrade to the 34 row