View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #71 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I can't seem to find the original thread for the Forgestar 18" group order through DDM. Seems to have been deleted, kinda wondering why. Anyways, I'll post my update here.

I finally got my wheels from the group order today via UPS. They never returned my calls (I called twice recently) or sent a tracking number or anything, the wheels just magically appeared. They appear to be the correct color (flat black), but also appear to be the wrong sizes. I had originally asked for 18x10 + 18x11, and then switched my order to 18x9.5 + 18x10 (this was months and months ago, confirmed in email, well before they ever started manufacturing).

Looks like I ended up with the original, larger sizes (18x10 + 18x11). If only they had returned my calls like a reasonable business, we might have confirmed this stuff before they shipped them, or even made them :P

I haven't done a detailed inspection for any defects yet as the garage is kinda cramped and I'd rather leave them in their protective packaging for the moment.

At this point, considering the general horrors everyone has had doing business with these guys, I think my best shot might be to just go back to my original tire plans and use these wider widths they sent me. I wouldn't want to spend months again waiting to see if the correct ones ever show up. These will work, and I was on the fence about the choice of size anyways.

I *hope* they got the offsets right to fit these widths with the "normal" tire sizes and not rub anything on the stock Z (285/30 front + 315/30 rear). I probably won't purchase and install the tires for about another month (Holiday crap and then moving across town right after that is taking up my time and energy). We'll see what happens at that point.