View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Stillwell View Post
Why would the dyno be done in 4th?

5th gear = 1:1 ratio

Your numbers are not accurate, specifically the TQ which obviously shows higher in lower gear.

And your HP number is a direct result of torque anyway so, there's your answer.
Do a proper dyno next time...
I've done about 15 Dyno's with two different 370Z's. Torque doesn't show higher in lower gears. 5th is the 1:1, but you won't reach 7500rpm unless you remove the speed limiter with Uprev or Ecutek. And when I say within a few horsepower, it's literally less then 3. So don't try and fact check me and tell me to do a proper effing dyno. I took it to Z Fever. I didn't specify which gear. I think they've done enough dyno's to know which one is the 1:1 and why they chose 4th. It's negligible. Speaking of, I'll pull the DRF off my drive and take a closer look.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 12-04-2015 at 07:58 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote