View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
So instead of driving my Z with Blizzaks, I'm supposed to risk my life in a $1200 piece of crap car with bald tires that someone put 100,000 miles on? I don't see how that's a better alternative.

Parking spaces are also a premium in big cities. Having an extra car then costs you another pretty penny to either put the Z in storage or buy another space.
Can you rightfully say that a Z will drive well in snow?

I can't. I think driving the Z in winter would be akin to riding a snowmobile on water in summer instead of a jetski...or "muddin with a Z"

Some tools are better suited for other purposes. While you might be "safer" in your Z should get in an accident, you're more likely to get INTO an accident with the Z in winter, than with a "$1200 POS w/ 100K miles on it".

Storage units cost what, $75/mo? (I know around here they are $130 for ones large enough to store 2 cars) How much will your insurance go up, and how much will a rental cost you, and how long will you be without your Z...and how likely is it that you may total your Z or it not be "perfect" ever again?

Think of it as a $75/mo extra insurance policy that you'll have it come spring melt-off.

Last edited by kannibul; 12-21-2009 at 11:59 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote