View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

I probably should have mentioned this earlier but didn't think it important at the time.

Just so you guys have an idea of my back ground I have built two very competitive autocross cars long ago. My first was a very radical Fiat X 1/9 that was barely streetable. That car was a blast in it's day (around the 1974-1980 time frame). By today's standards the car was not much but at that time frame this car was a blast. I often took FTD with it against just about everything that I came across. I have a picture of my little X 1/9 in line at an autocross along with it's class competition, a 930 Porsche, Masarati Mura S, Pantera and a Porsche 914-6. Some pretty heavy hitters for a 1300cc Fiat. The X 1/9 was lowered, big sway bars front and back, the largest wheels and tires I could fit, dual Weber carbs, header, hot cam, 10:1 pistons and a custom exhaust system. The power went from 70hp to around 130. What a transformation! The biggest problem that I had with the car was breaking axle shafts.

My second car that I did was about 20 years ago, another Fiat (I'm a glutton for punishment) this time a 124 Spider. I simply took the recipe from the first Fiat and applied it to the second. It worked well but technology has past the two valve engines unless you go to a full race setup. The 124 Spider has been retired and detuned for street and an occasional autocross. It is no longer competitive because all of the mods bump it into the upper classes and it just doesn't have the power to compete against modified Miatas with four valve heads.

I have also restored a Lotus Elan, Austin Healey 3000 MkII, Triumph TR3, TR6, also one of the original Mini Cooper S before I switched over to Italian cars. I also helped my dad build up a 1957 Chevy and a 1956. Both were built as daily drivers with modern drive trains.

So from all of this you can tell that I have some experience with cars.

Enough about me. lets talk super chargers and Z's.
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote