View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
I have a set of HR rims that might fit my Z. They are 19/10 +44 offset rims. I was looking into some drag radials. I was looking into NT05 or toyor888 as i can get these at Discount tires. I'm scared that if I hook and hop with the added grip, I will bust my rear axial from the loading and unloading from wheel hop. Each hop is like pounding a on the rear drivetrain with a sledge. I don't want that.

As for what alignment are my rears set at? Probably OEM specs as I have yet to get an alignment done. I think I will on Friday at Break Check since they have a cheap plan for unlimited alignments. I might even go today.

Ad for the budget. I was hoping it would be a simple fix for like $500-$700. Darn!

Thanks again my friends.

YzGyz
(slimmed down above post)

but if you want drag radials go with the Nitto NT05R or something more along the lines of a mickey Thompson et street 2 maybe even hoosier's dot radial offerings.

the 888 is sticky but more for cornering. the other DR's listed have a tire compound meant specifically for drag racing. and remember to drop the PSI down on them too for the best chance of max grip. nice little burnout as well to get some heat in them.

also the stock axles in the Z are strong from what I've seen/heard so far. to be honest even the 600whp+ Z guys haven't really mentioned swapping them out unless i missed one or two builds.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote