View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ommateal
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z sport 6m
Ommateal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
OK - I'm stumped.

Doesn't sound like the CSC or hydraulics to me. That system will usually not disengage the clutch when it fails. Or it could get in a bind with the clutch disengaged, but you weren't using the clutch at the time.

I haven't heard of a clutch with that much slip fixing itself. Same for flywheel problems.

I don't know much about the 6MT (I have rebuilt Ford Toploaders) but can't imagine what would cause your symptoms.

If it were the u-joints, the driveshaft would be laying on the road.

I dunno. I hope somebody can figure it out.
I agree!!! It was insane, I half expected to see parts on the road or a loud pop? There was nothing... Just like "laadeedaa crusing along...then...VRRooo oo oo mm" WTF? RPM go to Zero. Look down... Still in gear! Give it gas...RPMS shoot up (like revving in neutral) but car didnt speed up. "**** there goes my tranny" ... Pull over... then everything is fine. I know slips and pop-outs, I had a third gear pop outs in my 6mt accord at one time. Driven some other junkers with crap tyranny.

I'll keep my Fingers crossed on the way home tonight. Will update when I get home (if I get home) Hope it just never happens again.
Ommateal is offline   Reply With Quote