View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Amuse370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 PW Fairlady Z
Amuse370z will become famous soon enough
Default Dispute with the dealer regarding damage to car. Advice?

Heres the story, my windows have always had this problem where if I held on to the unlock button, the passenger side window would roll down half a second slower than the drivers side. The drivers side windows also started to squeak so I brought my car back to the dealer for the warranty.

Long story short. I washed my car the day before, did a walk around when I dropped my car, I made sure there was absolutely no damages.

I then told the service adviser to tell his guys to be extra careful of my car because it is lowered and has aftermarket side skirts (Amuse). Especially of the hoists that they have.

30 Minutes later the mechanic spoke to the adviser who told me there was nothing wrong with the windows when rolling down, I told him it was because he didn't hold down the key fob. At this point I was not notified of any damages.

When I got my car back I did a walk around and saw a paint chip the size of my thumb finger nail. I brought up the issue and the advisor showed me a sheet of paper with a diagram of a car and it marked the damage on the side skirts. I was told that this sheet was filled out by the mechanic the moment he brought the car in and saw the chip.

Now from what I know, this sheet needs to be signed or initialed by me at the very start to show that I acknowledged this so this sheet is complete bs.

I had to speak to the manager and went back and forth for several meetings, every single time he deflected to the owner of the place telling me he was going to get back to me after discussing with him.

He made me bring the car in to get it assessed by his body shop guy. I was quoted $300 and they would only pay half. This is a complete joke to me because they can double whatever is the cost of repair and essentially pay nothing.

I gave them 2 options. Either write me a cheque for $300 or I'm going to bring them the bill from my shop after the work is done for $300. (The manager said "I'm not going to give you $300 to get other stuff done to your car")

They declined both options, what should my next steps be?

TLDR: Dealer damaged my side skirts despite my warnings, refusing to own up to actions. What do I do?