View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamZ View Post

And Davey, For that amount I was just going to keep the car... Until I found it had a screwed up carfax. I paid full price for a non wrecked car and got a wrecked car after all.
OK but first of all, based on my quick check, $17K is what the car is worth, according to KBB and NADA, on average. I put in a 2009 Sport+touring with every option and 50K miles and even Excellent condition is only $900 more than they offered, and they NEVER will give you "Excellent." "Very good" is roughly $17,000. Is your car exceptionally low mileage or something? If so, it could be worth another $1000to $1500 more, roughly. So we're not talking about thousands and thousands of dollars you are out here, right?

Second, never have any faith in the dealer's inspection process. I learned that the hard way. I bought a "certified used" car and I had the same experience you did - it was wrecked, didn't show up on the Carfax, but once I thoroughly looked the car over, I could see it. I returned the car and was offered every dime I paid for it in trade on a different car, taxes included. I was happy with that, because I was not out any money.

They do not invest any time, effort, or money into the "inspection" beyond if it has some life left in the brake pads and the tires are not bald/no holes in the block. It's a joke. And the guys who do them do 10+ a day and they're not any kind of experts in anything.

So, next time, have a mechanic look at the car.

I wish you the best of luck in getting whatever diminished value you are out, but given the age of the car, I don't think you'll get a whole lot.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote