View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
BamBamZ
Base Member

Drives: Touring/Sport/6spd
BamBamZ is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone, I have info on 3 lawyers that specialize in this kind of thing.. Auto check which is what carmax uses comes up clean while Carfax shows an accident...

Here's a message I got this morning

Quote:
Good morning Alan, thanks so much for this update and for keeping us in the loop with the info on the body shop inspection. We were in communication with our management team in Modesto who informed us that they wanted to inspect the vehicle for the frame damage you mentioned as well. I understand that you did speak with our management team on this yesterday. Please let me know any further questions you may have on the resolution as I know our Modesto team was eager to connect further. - Curt
And my response
Quote:
They looked at it, admitting they could tell it was in a right front impact and that it was obvious I didn't cause the cracks in the bumper reinforcement beam as the front end was still intact except for the missing parts I know about now. The mechanic started off by saying they look for cracks or dents in the bumper reinforcement bar as soon as he got the car on the lift and was showing me what to check for, to where I pointed out the cracks in the front... The guy "Francis" told us about a Porsche Boxster they just sold that had a major front end hit but they couldn't tell because how well the impact was repaired, but that a service tech recognized the car from his previous job, so they had to buy it back although they couldn't tell everything firewall forward was replaced... Since my cars accident took place 6 years ago with less than 8k miles I wouldn't be surprised if the right front suspension was all replaced but we wouldn't be able to tell because at 8k miles the undercarriage is still clean... He also said its common to sell previously wrecked cars without knowing of it... But ultimately. All he offered was to replace the bumper reinforcement bar... But that he wasn't part of sales or anything other than the service department so he offered no real resolution to the problem of me buying a car with the lie it had a clean history of no prior accidents.
If I buy another used car I'm definitely having it inspected in and out by my mechanic.
BamBamZ is offline   Reply With Quote