View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicobra1 View Post
My car had a $5K market adjustment price on the window sticker. I told the salesmen you've got a sale if you just take that off and sell me the car at MSRP. Well, after 2 hours of back and forth negotiating, I walked out twice I was in my car getting ready to drive away and the salesmen comes out and ask what's it going to take to sell me this car. I told him, I told you 2 hours ago what it would take, now I'm leaving. He said to wait and went back in.
They finally caved in and gave me the car at MSRP.

I probably could have got the car a few hundred less then msrp, or even lower if I would have waited, but you got to keep in mind that I purchased the car the very same weekend they hit the showroom floors in So Cal. My car had been on the lot for about 24 hours, so I'm pretty happy with just not paying a mark up. I have 2600 miles on my car now, and loving every minute of it. Don't pay a mark-up, they will cave. The best thing to do is write them the down payment check, so they see you are serious, then claim your price, if they don't budge, then walk away.
Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good deal for the timing. I remember when the '05 Mustangs hit the showrooms you couldn't get one without paying a $5k "market adjustment." Even though Ford is selling most of their cars are 50% off right now I anticipate they are going to mark up the 2010 Mustangs, too.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote