View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dragon_Ball_Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo& Sport/Touring
Dragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilitheum View Post
Yup, believe it was duplicolor gun metallic.

I didn't clear coat, just masked the rest of the cover off and painting two light coats and let dry a good day or more before re-installing.

For the red I used a small paint brush, like the craft store type, and carefully applied the paint to the top of the lettering. It will build up to give a nice thick coat if you keep adding more to the brush and do a little at a time. Have to be careful as if you go to far it will spill over the top of the letter and you have to wipe it off and start over. I dried the parts in the sun for a day as the caliper paint can take a long time to dry if put on thick.

If you want to see what the paint looks like now check here when I painted my post MAF tubes a couple months ago. VHT Wrinkle Paint

It's a little dusty in the engine bay, but you can see the paint is still excellent.

Awesome, so the red is caliper paint? You sprayed it on the brush and wiped? And I'm really surprised you didn't use something to help with adhesion for the paint.

-Raj