Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #476 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

You wanted pictures, here you go...

If you have never done one of these the lower pan can be a battle to get off. You almost always will nick the sealing surface a little. Just make sure you de-burr it. You don't want any high spots.

I used Nissan 3 Bond. I had some from when I replaced a valve cover on my wifes car. Just put a bead all the way around and smooth it down with your finger. Don't worry about the little bit that get's in the bolt holes.

3 Bond Bead before I smoothed it out.

Notice the little bead all the way around the pan when I tightened it up. You don't need RTV oozing out.

Now for the finished product without that damn tab. I had to run to the parts
store, I was out of cutoff wheels and thought I was out of 3 Bond. I found some more once I bought some new stuff as usual.

Here is the pan after the unboxing.

Bag o parts.

Then the fun started..... Z1 oil cooler install. Gonna finish that up tomorrow, I need to pick up some antifreeze.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote