View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
Maybe I'm late to the party, but I didn't see any specific threads about this. 0w30 formerly known as the good ol German castrol we all love is no longer German. Still wears the "European formula" logo but it is now produced in Belgium. The new* German Castrol is now 0w40 API SN VS the Old 0w30 API SL Pretty interesting! I went to my local pep boys and sure enough, i was looking at 2 bottles 0w40 and 0w30 one made in Belgium, one made in Germany. I did a little research on BITOG and it is a new formulation with pretty amazing UOA's. It shears down to a heavy 30w at OT. I know allot of us do the GTR oil change with mobil 1 0w40, and now we have another Geat option for a 0w oil

anyways just thought id pass the news, whether or not you knew...fyi
Hey thanks, yeah I've been using the European formula 0w30 . That's good info to know.

sent from nowhere significant