View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
So...what if the Mustang turned a faster lap time than the 370Z at a price less than, Pharmacist?

Old technology or not, >400 ponies is a good chunk of power, and you're doing nothing but being elitist/ignorant to any car that doesn't have an IRS. Just because you don't like the Mustang doesn't mean that legions of other people should. By virtue of viewing the 370 like you view the Mustang, the 370 is a pig (almost 3400 lbs - slightly less than my old 4th Gen Camaro) of a 2-seater sports car that should weigh less and be smaller considering it has NO utility at all.

Ford has proven that it can make a solid selling car out of the Mustang, and just because you're jealous that Ford can sell them like hot cakes shows. The VAST majority of people who buy them are going to do nothing but daily drive them anyway, so what do they care if the car has an IRS or a live axle? For that matter, wheres YOUR track credentials? You talk a lot of smack for someone who I don't recall posting any auto-x or track stories...
so much nonsene in your post. first of all, a stock mustang would NEVER defeat a 370z on a track actually oriented towards handling and cornering ability.

there you go again with the typical american mentality. you make it seem like a car is no more than the sum of its horsepower. 400 hp big deal. you can get a turbo 4 banger evo X with minimal mods to make that much power, of course it also has excellent handling to go with it.

yeah, i guess all those other automakers that abandoned solid axles in favor of irs were all motivated by ignorance and elitism

and weight-wise, the 370z may not be light but it's not very heavy either compared to other cars of similar size. heck the aston one 77 with all its fancy carbon fibre body i think is only 100 lbs less than the z.

yeah, ford is able to sell lots of mustangs, so what? dodge also made a successful selling car out of the caravan, and toyota sells tens of thousands of corollas. what's your point? Meanwhile, mclaren had a tough time selling the f1. what is your point?

and yeah, the majority of ferrari and lambo owners never track their cars and only drive them on the street to show off. so what? should ferrari cut costs by downgrading the 458 italia back to solid axle, front engine, 5 sp manual, sliding one piston calipers, etc.....

and what do my track credentials have any relevance? this is a topic about the mustang, not my driving abilities. focus on topic