View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
In reality. When I think about it. I'm going to combine some rumors and some real concepts and create a scenario for you guys. I think all of us, including me have gotten caught up in numbers.

Fact. The Nissan Juke weighs 2866lbs with 5 doors.
Fact. The GripZ is a 3 door RWD VERSION of the Juke.
They are saying the GripZ is the next Z.

What if? It's just the chassis that's being used as the next Z chassis???

Remember, one of the first rumors about the z was it will be on a separate chassis from the infiniti FM platform.

If a Juke is 2866lbs? How much would a GripZ weigh without the back doors? Just looking at a 4 seat g37 coupe vs a 370z. It loses 400lbs. In the case of the grip Z vs a Juke... It would be 2866 minus let's say 300lbs. Then lower the routine to car height and we probably lose another 80 to 100lbs?

So a GripZ is probably 2,566 lbs.

A derived Z could be 2,450lbs with a 2.0t engine with 212hp off the same chassis???? Let's be pessimistic and say 2,550lbs.

That brings me to a car like the Alfa Romeo4c which weighs 2,300lbs, has a 2.0t with DCT, gets 238hp but gets to 60 in 4.5 seconds. It's top speed is 175mph.

At that weight, a 2.0 turbo Z would be competitive with v8 muscle at a third of the displacement like the 4c. Maybe not as fast though. Probably getting to 60 in 5 seconds and a top speed of 155mph.

Let's say, Nissan takes this same chassis and makes a second Z with the Mercedes 3.0 v6 turbo and keeps the same 332hp but this car weighs in at an even 2,700lbs.

A car of this weight would be a marvel and change the game.

The lightweight GripZ chassis is there.
The proven jatco 7at is there.
The Mercedes derived engines. There!
The know-how based off all there Juke experience to make a ultralight vehicle. There.

It's not far fetched fellas. In fact every aspect of the core of my analysis comes from facts. Not rumors.
Well I mentioned something similar. ENGINE OPTIONS!
if Nissan wants to sell more, I never understood why they didn't offer a 4cynlinder engine option. It would of been cheaper and therefore more people could of afford it.
It makes sense.
Let's hope a 4 crapper isn't the only engine option.
And it doesn't look like a juke.

2 by 2...hands of blue

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote