View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #745 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW Z-Boy View Post
I'll chime in... And if nissan is reading please take my top ten as a recipe for the Z35 id like to see for about 50k (60k seems a little too high for my pocket book for a non luxury car)
1. 400+ twin turbo v6
2. 2+2 configuration (let's get that kick back from our insurance shall we)
3. Interior upgrade from a materials stand point (even the nismo still feels like a sport IMO)
4. Tech package needs to be standard on the z35 (and lose the fake car noise thing... Seriously I have a PS4 for that)
5. Continue to offer base / sport / and Nismo models (point of difference between base and sport can be the power plant base: 4 single turbo / sport: 6 tt / nismo: 6tt with a tune less considerate to mpg
6. Clean up and define aero differences between nismo and non nismo models (they've gotten too close) and bring back the number plate
7. Upgrade suspension to include ability to adjust camber to +\- 3.0 degrees (because racecar)
8. Upgrade to slotted/drilled rotors on sport and nismo models
9. Paddle shifters on all models. AT/MT shouldn't matter
10. Last but not least put the damn thing into production already I'm over waiting!
In reality. When I think about it. I'm going to combine some rumors and some real concepts and create a scenario for you guys. I think all of us, including me have gotten caught up in numbers.

Fact. The Nissan Juke weighs 2866lbs with 5 doors.
Fact. The GripZ is a 3 door RWD VERSION of the Juke.
They are saying the GripZ is the next Z.

What if? It's just the chassis that's being used as the next Z chassis???

Remember, one of the first rumors about the z was it will be on a separate chassis from the infiniti FM platform.

If a Juke is 2866lbs? How much would a GripZ weigh without the back doors? Just looking at a 4 seat g37 coupe vs a 370z. It loses 400lbs. In the case of the grip Z vs a Juke... It would be 2866 minus let's say 300lbs. Then lower the routine to car height and we probably lose another 80 to 100lbs?

So a GripZ is probably 2,566 lbs.

A derived Z could be 2,450lbs with a 2.0t engine with 212hp off the same chassis???? Let's be pessimistic and say 2,550lbs.

That brings me to a car like the Alfa Romeo4c which weighs 2,300lbs, has a 2.0t with DCT, gets 238hp but gets to 60 in 4.5 seconds. It's top speed is 175mph.

At that weight, a 2.0 turbo Z would be competitive with v8 muscle at a third of the displacement like the 4c. Maybe not as fast though. Probably getting to 60 in 5 seconds and a top speed of 155mph.

Let's say, Nissan takes this same chassis and makes a second Z with the Mercedes 3.0 v6 turbo and keeps the same 332hp but this car weighs in at an even 2,700lbs.

A car of this weight would be a marvel and change the game.

The lightweight GripZ chassis is there. ☑
The proven jatco 7at is there. ☑
The Mercedes derived engines. There! ☑
The know-how based off all there Juke experience to make a ultralight vehicle. There. ☑

It's not far fetched fellas. In fact every aspect of the core of my analysis comes from facts. Not rumors.