View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370bluez View Post
All that said... does the GT-R have a sport mode ? Arguably that car is also tuned with spirited driving in mind.

I have no issues with the D programming in the Z however going through canyons etc I'd prefer a sport mode that keeps the revs high 4000+ without throwing the car back into 7th after 2 seconds of not hitting the gas.

no the GTR does not have a sport mode. it had A and M. that's it. well unless you count the suspension, tranny, and ecu settings but that's basically hard harder and oh shiiiiiiiiit.

D mode in the Z is useless if you want it to react the way you have described. also the ECU learns from your driving so if you typically drive is slow and soft it's not gonna instantly go hard when you ask it to.

drive in D normally and when you hit a canyon road throw that bitch into manual and go to work.

worst case the car probably just needs a driver mod. canyon roads in D mode. I've heard it all now.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote