Thread: Oil Analysis #2
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Guys, have you ever heard of statistical versus practical significance? Even if there was a statistical difference between those values, you'd never be able to show that changing your oil based on those numbers was worth doing every 1000 miles. Don't waste your hard earned money every 1000 miles...there's no evidence that a little extra copper, iron, molybdenum, etc will change your engine's life.
You misunderstood....

I feel that changing your oil at the FIRST 1K miles should be done. Not waiting 4500 for the very first oil change.

For the normal driver, after the first 1K, I don't see why waiting 3-4K every change AFTER the first will be fine. My point was simply that doing the very first one should be done sooner than later.