View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 11:45 PM   #91 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
The look can be whatever it wants to be. It could be the same look and everything.
I was more going off the pure quality of the shift knob. The heavier original brass steel of the Tommy Kaira hebi babi weighs roughly 1.4 lbs by itself. 518 grams I believe is what the original Japanese paperwork showed.

The titanium shift knob will ATMOST be 2/3rds the weight without oversizing the entire shift knob. Aluminum will weigh even less.

The heavier the shift knob with the quality and balance of the Tommy Kaira Hebi babi makes shifting like slicing through warm butter with a very sharp knife. The performance of the shift knob I do not believe will be matched unless they make it of brass steel again, but at that point the shift knob would retail at about $500+.

Just my $.2, but still curious about how the new shift knob will look and preform
The fatboy shift knob weights the same as the TK shift knob. I tried them left hand/right hand myself. People not spending $250 or $300 for the performance. People spend money for the name, rarity and look. That said, I do love the weight/feel of the TK shift knob. As 370tune stated, the Rowen shift knob will be a weighted shift knob like the TK. But personally, I hope it would be a titanium burnt shift knob like Zele which cost $420 and is a true rare item. I like the look of Zele shift knob better. But it's just me
09 PW 370z Nismo | K&N Drop Ins | HKS Hi Power | Berk HFCs | Work Meister S1 3P | Project Kics R40 Neo Chrome Lug Nuts | KW V1 | SPC rear camber arms/toe bolts | Southbend Stage 3 daily clutch | Southband 19Ib Steel Flywheel | ZSpeed CSC