View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rahul718
Base Member

Drives: Nismo Z
Rahul718 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I can't figure out what you are doing to get your tranny to chatter at that low of an RPM. Are you lugging it in too high of a gear at slow speeds? Try downshifting into a lower gear. IF you lug the car, you will get strange tranny noises.
2nd gear at 1200 rpm is definitely not lugging, at least I wouldn't think so. It's the equivalent of coming to a rolling stop and accelerating out in 2nd gear. 3rd gear at 20 mph also results in this chatter, which I also don't consider lugging esp. since it's higher than the manufacturer's recommended shift point. If someone could try to replicate this under those situations and report back, that would really help me troubleshoot.

Also, the dealer had their master tech ride with me, the same guy who performed the transmission replacement. He saw exactly when I shifted and didn't say it was too low or an rpm but seemed puzzled why the chattering was happening.

Again, it's a heat issue and only happens after the car has been driven a bit. The noises I'm hearing usually only happen with an aftermarket flywheel setup, it shouldn't happen with oem stuff.
Rahul718 is offline   Reply With Quote