View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense, this lower oring then could stand to be just a tad bit thicker (mind you its probably just squished down from being installed for a year already. In which case there is not much you could do anyways.

The upper oring seemed soft to me, I replaced it with a new one that felt more rigid but yes it was the exact same one. If I had one just a touch bigger I probably would have used that one, but the next size up was much to big to work.

I dunno Charles, I think mine was probably just a fluke and the fact that I am running north of 70psi at times might just be to much for the system to hold. Do you suggest I turn it down and retune?

Also I noticed that the regulator pressure drops about 4psi when it heats up. Aeromotive says to set the regulator cold, is that what you suggest? Just seems like a pretty good drop when it heats up. Also many of the tuning books I have say to connect the 1:1 line to a vac/boost source, I currently have mine connected to a boost only. Should I switch it? I would assume you said a boost only source on this particular car because of the vvel messing with the idle and thus the vacuum around idle.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote