View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Birdfan67
Base Member

Drives: 2017 NISSAN NISMO
Birdfan67 is on a distinguished road

It's not so much clearest or loudest that makes a tweeter superior ...but the signal that the tweeter is feed and it's source material... sure you can look at specs all day, but if you don't have clean power going to it , all for naught.
Crossover points play a huge role in your sound...you can buy the most expensive speaker set in the world but if your crossover point / DB slope sux..it'll sound like crap. IF you listen to compressed music , mp3 downloads and such...your sound mileage will vary. My best sound comes from CD's , specific music...jazz and classical music sounds excellent...usually they use real instruments and record in quality settings and not someones garage.
I personally went with Phoenix Gold Elite series..not cheap at $549.00
but worth every dime spent... I personally like soft dome tweeters...they tend to have a smooth sound and not harsh and bright like metal tweeters...you don't want to sound like your frying eggs in your car...it almost makes music unbearable...Placement in the car is important as well for staging, factory spot sux a bit..I had mine mounted at window corners...along pilar..
If you must look for a "loud" tweeter... look at the specs and look for output sensitivity anything at or above 92 db and your good.
Good luck !
Birdfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote