View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome Charles. Here is some more info..

When I pressurized the feed line it was good until about 40PSI then I started to hear air seeping by what seemed like the back side (side closed to the can) of that regulator. When I took it apart it appears that there is a almost like a keyway in the back side where that regulator slides in. That is where it appeared to be leaking by the upper oring.

I replaced that oring (which I felt was a bit soft, maybe the fuel additives I am using was eating it?) with a new one and she easily held 50-60psi. When putting the clamp back on I was able to bottom out the regulator on its mating surface, which to me implies that there is not very much overall clamping force being applied to that oring to being with. I felt if that stock shim that we use was just a tad bit thicker this would put more pressure on that oring and create a better seal.

Time will tell if I blow that seal out again, I am probably running a higher fuel psi than most guys I would imagine. The regulator is set to 58PSI with the boost reference hooked up to boost only. If I do pop it I will see about getting a shim to fit in there.

Thanks!

Mitch
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote