View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #183 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Well last night I decided to pull out the angle grinder and get at that frame lip. Took out a 3" section of it. The volute slips right in place now and the design into the IC will work great. This requires much more effort than cutting plastic off the fan guard. In fact, I still had to cut one of the guards off just so my angle grinder could get a flat plane to cut the lip off at.

However, I am now able to use just a 45* off the SC at an angle down to a 90* then its a straight shot into the front mount. Very minimal bends in this design. Only a total of 135* hot side and only about 30 inches of pipe.

Ill post pics this weekend.