View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMotorsports View Post
I can get the RPM bar, but it seems like the seats are an issue with that set up.
I will share my experience and observations as I have a RPM roll bar installed in my Nismo. I think a lot of people forget that when you are talking about a two seat sportcar there are going to be space limitations. Most all things in the US are geared towards the average height and weight of a man that is 5'10", 165 or 170lbs...and we are talking about a Japanese sportscar lol. Therefore, if you are taller than 6' thing can get cramped real quick.

The primary issue with a 4 point roll bar is going to be the position of the top bar as it should be placed where it will protect the driver and passengers cranium by keeping the roof from clasping on top of occupants. I know this seems elementary, but that top bar is going to limit how far back the seat can be placed when it is moved rearward. The point at which the seat will come into contact with the top bar is also determined by how much the driver or passenger wishes to recline their seat. Reclining the seat will lesson leg room significantly.

I am about 6'1" and 210lbs and I don't feel cramped as I like my seat mostly upright and I like to be close enough to my pedals so that I don't have to stretch to reach them. I think a person can maximize leg room by installing a proper race seat as race seats are fixed, not as bulky as oems and can be installed lower to gain additional leg room.

I really think a person needs to decide on what their goals are if they need more leg room. If you are going to track more than daily drive and you are tall and have long legs then you will need to modify the cockpit to accommodate your needs or go with a harness bar. I'm not sure you can get much more room with a 4 point roll bar than RPM without giving something away in relation to safety and that is why you have the roll bar to begin with.

Just my two cents...I hope it is helpful!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote