View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo
Default Fall Gordon Biersch/Old Stein Meetup?

It's that time of year again, and I know we chatted about it at the picnic. Time to talk less, and do more, and at LEAST get a thread started. Hopefully Jon and Steve don't mind me stepping up for this.

So what do we want more? I think Old Stein is perfect, especially with the plethora of seating they have outside (which is now a hardened outdoor shelter, rather than that somewhat hastily constructed tent...), and the fact that they can take reservations for a rather large group such as us.

Gordon Biersch has been doing their usual "test restaurant" antics, and changing the menu. That being said, the last 2 times I've gone, it has been good. Upside at least, they ARE cheaper in general, and the beer selection has somehow improved yet again (even more drafts and seasonals available).

I'll first make a poll to decide where we want to go. After that, we can start anew, and try to figure out a time frame. I think early- or mid-September would be perfect, but that is me. October starts to get very busy for me, as is the end of September.