View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #193 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Sorry we showed up so late today. We both had a great time though, and it was definitely an adventure. Kim had some struggles on the way in towards the end, and toughed through it. On the way home, the extra break was definitely the right choice - we made it to Charlestown, and she was in quite a bit of pain again, enough to fluster her. Had to hang out at the Sheetz there for a good 30-40 minutes to regain her composure. I theorized she needed to fix her helmet, and she had a pressure spot that was bothering her. A little twist of the helmet seemed to fix 90% of the problem, and she was able to make it to Frederick without incident. It was now 7PM and dinner time (yes, it took 3 hours to get to Frederick, almost), so we left from there around 7:45 and we did the final push back to Baltimore. That went without incident, and the helmet fix seemed to work.

I'm extremely proud of her. It's hard to find many people who've ridden more than maybe a hundred miles in a single day, much less over 260...much less a female (no insult intended, men just push through uncomfortable pain typically, even if it's a bad idea). She stalled a few times, but she never dropped and she did everything she was supposed to do otherwise. Cant ask for more than that.