View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 02:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
ReeceZ
Base Member

Drives: 370ZR
ReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond reputeReeceZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default FI Non res vs resonated CBE

Hi gents,

I was hoping to get some info from guys who own the Fast Intention systems before I decide what to get. My issue here is that I'm from South Africa and shipping something here is . So a $1000 system will set me back about $1700, or a Motordyne system would be $2600 for me. My initial thought was to get the 12", but then watched YT vids of guys saying the non-res was not bad inside the cabin. Obviously, I would prefer something as loud as possible without giving my interior panels tremors.
My Z Roadster is everyday car. I'm after an increase in power/torque but more so, sound. My commute to work is about 20 mins, and when I drive on weekends it's usually with the top down. The choice between res and non-res for me is purely what happens in the cabin. I really don't wanna have to create more rattles and nasty vibrations, especially in my soft-top. Some of the things I need to know is

1. Do you feel components experience a nasty vibration with non-resonated systems?
2. What's it like speaking to passengers or on the hands-free with the systems?
3. How bad is the drone in the cabin with non-res, 12 an 18?
4. How much of a difference at WOT do these 3 types have?
5. Are there ground clearance issues with the rear mufflers?

Thanks guys
ReeceZ is offline   Reply With Quote