View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #53 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfoilist View Post
@Roadster4us: Unfortunately, there are several firmware and software updates for the 2010 and later models but no updates for the 2009. According to the dealer, the 2010 and later models come with a different software and hardware package and, although similar, they are not compatible with the 2009 models.

As far as I understand, they put the system into the 2009 while the "new" system was under development, then changed over in 2010 and dumped the "old" one (meaning that they do not support it any longer). So while there are updates for newer vehicles, none of them apply to the 2009 model.

It is possible to upgrade the entire navigation system in the 2009's to the newer system but it involves completely new hardware and is, as I understand it, very expensive (as in basically a brand new nav unit).

If anyone has concrete information to the contrary, I am all ears! I would love to have an update to my system but the people I have spoken to at Nissan so far have all said the same thing: no updates for 2009 and no plans to update anything ever again.

I wonder if you could find a 2010 and up NAV out of a wrecked car?

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote