View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtransit View Post
I actually did do this a few times.

Update: So I took it to Nissan and had them do a full inspection. Since the car was not having the intermittent issue at the time they could not find a locate a direct cause. The head mechanic did however mention that he had one car have this issue before and eventually they located the issue: bad fuel injectors. They also mentioned that there was a misfire code, although i did not have a misfire issue, which would hint that the fuels injectors are indeed the source of the issue.

Anyone have any suggestions on replacing those?
Is it under warranty? Just have new ones installed.

If not, you'll need to send them out for testing if you can't figure out which one is running lean via spark plug inspection. Make sure it isn't just a bad (fouled or corroded) plug or damaged coilpack too.

Or you could try an injector cleaning service. As in pressurized special solvent cleaning, directly pumped into fuel rail, not just a fuel additive.