View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about
Question Crankshaft bolt removal after NST pulley failed

Hopefully someone has a suggestion here. Long story short my NST crank pulley disinigrated last Friday as I was returning from the track and I'm now having a hell of a time getting the bolt and what is left of the pulley removed.

What I have tried so far:

1. isolate drive train with 3/8 extention run through the driveline yoke with that run into some 3/4 in pipe braced on the floor then a 5 ft breaker bar and a friend - result 2 broken 3/8 extentions.

1.5 tried bumping the starter with breaker bar braced on ground- no luck

2. Using a chain wrench wrapped around the remnants of the NST pulley and braced against the sway bar and the 5 ft breaker bar- result side of the chain started to dig into the timing chain cover so stopped.

3. Removed radiator so I could get a air gun on it.
1st attempt with crappy craftsman rettle gun no luck.
2nd attempt brother borrowed from work a Ingersoll Rand ported 800 ft lbs at 400 psi gun- result I can only throw 140 psi at it with my compressor but no luck. The gun slowly turns the crank.

Also with each attempt we have had PB blaster, Heat, and cold.

Does anyone have any other ideas??? And where would someone find a flywheel lock out device?
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY

Last edited by Rangerz; 06-25-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote