View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Intelligent Key System Warning Light...

I was driving my Z around yesterday, and noted the Key Warning light was lit, while I was driving.

I didn't remember that being lit before, so I looked it up...I guess I need to call the dealer =/

Anyone else have this issue turn up, or have some advice on what to try?

(from the manual)
Intelligent Key system warning light
After the ignition switch is pushed to the ON
position, this light comes on for about 2 seconds
and then turns off. (--mine didn't--)
This light warns of a malfunction with the
electrical steering lock system or the Intelligent
Key system.
If the light comes on while the engine is
stopped, it may be impossible to free the
steering lock or to start the engine. If the light
comes on while the engine is running, you can
drive the vehicle. However in these cases,
contact a NISSAN dealer for repair as soon as
possible.

I was playing around with my FOB, as I've got a hand made padded cover on it to help prevent me from pushing the buttons unintentionally, reason I was playing with it is that I couldn't remember which button locked or unlocked my doors (without pulling it out of it's cover, which was more of a PITA than I wanted to mess with) - so I was operating it inside the vehicle at one point - maybe I tripped something?

I guess if that's the case, I'll fire up my Z tonight when I get home and see if it's still lit.

Last edited by kannibul; 12-14-2009 at 05:02 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote