View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Unique_Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z, 180SX
Unique_Z is a splendid one to beholdUnique_Z is a splendid one to beholdUnique_Z is a splendid one to beholdUnique_Z is a splendid one to beholdUnique_Z is a splendid one to beholdUnique_Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Your location says you live in Brunei. If you are parking outside, any interior is going to deteriorate faster than if you were in, say, Canada. Using cleaners/protectants that leech the plasticizers from the material will hasten the process. A solid black interior doesn't help.

But I agree with Push370zzz - a dash made with modern materials should hold up for more than five years. Unless you have been abusing it.
Yeah i live in Brunei, but i rarely use the Z. She's kept in the garage all the time and rarely even parked outside. Probably a few times when i was cleaning her but that was it. No abusing was done, i baby'd the car and that's the reason why i'm concerned cause i did nothing bad to her

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
op wat were u using to clean the dash?

most of the time all i do is mist Griot's SpeedShine into a mf towel and dust off the interior. once a year i'd use Prima Nero to dress it up.. and this is a diluted 50/50 with water mix even. no cracks. my 11 yr old G and my dd's are all cleaned the same way.
The interior was treated with Diamondbrite's interior detailing stuff in her earlier life, and i wipe them clean with warm towel after every cleaning session.