View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
visconti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Sub WRX STi
visconti will become famous soon enoughvisconti will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrettin View Post
Subbed for results. I've been thinking about ECUTek in the near future.

Visconti - I have a ZEX nitrous system. Let me know if you get the details worked out in a PM.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8 View Post
Thanks for the input! I test drove the 2015 STI and WRX and I could feel that the WRX pushes me to my seat more at lower RPM, both with 2 passengers around 300IBS combined. I did no rev to the top of RPM band of the STI so I really do not know if it will hit a wall at 5k RPM.

The new WRX looks modern - finally the interior is decent compare to the 2014 model and I like the subtle look from the side too. Regarding the G37x sedan, it is a heavy car so it does not feel very peppy, unless the RPM is pass 3k. 3 years from now, the look of the G37x is way outdated.
Even today, it is a bit outdated compare to the new cars coming out.

The G definitely has a better highway end power and a. 100MPH is nothing for this car.
I cannot think of anything else that perform like the WRX or G37x that is worth 24 grand.

I have a 2008 EX35 AWD infiniti and it will be out of warranty on Sept. next year. I just had my timing cover chain leaks repaired under warranty for $2,800. I really cannot keep a high mileage luxury car with no warranty.

I wonder if it is worth putting a COBB stage one on the 2015 WRX ? Just to have a better top end and smooth everything out. Is this going to be quick enough for DD?
Going STG1 EcuTek or COBB is the way to go *cough* *cough* EcuTek

Quote:
ANMVQ, hope you"ll find what you lookin for from the ECUTek!
I think he is!

Quote:
If you have more cooler months weather in your state you drive in, would it be beneficial to setup the AFR leaner? Low 13's and 12.8-12.9 for hotter state?

I just noticed how my data logged AFR changes on cooler months vs hotter months using the same tune in UPREV.
No I dont see any benefit in that mostly because the car doesn't make anymore power with leaner air fuels on a hot or cold day. Even if you were able to squeeze a few more hp by leaning the car out it wouldn't be worth the risk of riding closer to the threshold of knock for 2-3whp

John

Visconti Tuning Webstore | Support Documents & Downloads
visconti is offline   Reply With Quote