View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 06:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
It is probable that manufacturers use less amount of paint in the name of cost savings. The result is stone chips that go through the pigment layer right into the contrasting primer or even bare metal. There is also other different factors unbeknownst to me that contribute to stone chips that seem to be easily formed. Without performing durability testing such as salt water spray, average Joes like us can only speculate.

Whatever is the answer, I'm going to have clear bra installed on any vehicle I own.
While we're speculating, we should speculate whether or not it's even a real problem. Not sure it's productive to speculate about whether mfgrs are using "less paint" without even demonstrating that a paint problem exists.

I have a clear bra on my Z too. Rock chips were only a small problem on my previous Z, but I love how, with the clear bra, the bugs wipe right off with a little waterless wash. It wasn't cheap to have installed, but halfway through its second summer it was worth every penny.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote