Thread: 2013 nismo
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bauran
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z Nismo M6
Bauran is on a distinguished road

This is the part where the forum says I'm lying...I got dyno'd before any bolt ons; one read 305 at the wheels and after coming here I felt like maybe that was wrong.

There is a picture of it in my profile under My 370z 305 hp, 252tq.

The370z.com - "A shop can dial it into whatever they want you to see" was common comment. Being I've been to dyno shops a lot in my younger years I agreed and got a second opinion.

Did not tell the second shop about the first.

Different shop, no mods 302 to the ground, head mechanics question.."you sure this is unmodified stock"
Me"yes"
Mechanic"wow that's healthy, can I post your run sheet, it won't have your name on it"
Me"sure"

I have the print outs, what I was looking for is a minimum power gain estimate based on the mods I did put on as I've not dyno'd it since then because cash wise I wanted to tune at the same time, which is expensive in my area.

I don't want to argue base power, not the intent of the thread. Just what to know with my particular bolt on, at minimum, I can expect. Or a range, not even looking for maximum because maximum from manufacturers is always already stacked with go fast goodies.

AEM is not a favorite around here but a gen3 gets roughly 2 hp more than what I have. Mine tucks the filters in the front half of the wheel well, gen3 tucks it under the front bumper.

I have a long history of satisfactory products from AEM from Honda, VW, Subaru and Mitsubishi so i went with them on name recognition.

I'm just looking for and estimate of potential power gains I have, nothing more.

As always, thank you to the370z.com community for the help.

Edit - I will accept and "I don't know" and not feel bad about it.
Bauran is offline   Reply With Quote