View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsanity View Post

Autocross?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
Give yourself about 3 events to learn how to "speak cone".

The microseconds you take to decipher what you are seeing, and respond, add up to big chunks of time by the finish line. After a few events it starts to become more automatic. (although there will always be courses that are tougher to "see" than others.)
I did an autocross event many years ago (~2004) and was overwhelmed. I am pretty sure I hit every cone on course, including both sides of the gates.

I have feared orange cones ever since. But if I want to go faster this is probably the best way to practice for The Dragon.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote