View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #70 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratikosg37 View Post
like i said before, "it's a gamble". That's why i suggested not to dd your boosted vq. I have about 15k boosted, and 5 to 6k hard miles. Had 0 issues, but that's not say i won't ever have issues. Could blow the engine, trans, or what ever else next week.

Driving hard 24/7 isn't ideal for any weekend warrior, must less for a dd. You have to have a contingency plan. I would call z1 or what ever shop you feel comfortable with for a quote on a engine built, trans, rear end, and what ever else you think make break.
Have that savings stacked up that way if something blows you can get it fixed asap.

Just like that g37 i told some people around in a different thread. he made a tt vq a dd and blew the trans 2 weeks later. Making 40 to 140mhp pulls, which the new owner had no one to blame but himself. 4k in trans work just like that, nothing you can do.

if you going to beat up a dd boosted vq, i suggest running it at a passive 6 psi. Which what im going to do when i start tracking it. Yes you will have less power, yes other people will be fast, but at least you have less chance in spending 20k plus in repairs, and to me that's a much better win than beating the person next you.
6mt???